Ibero-American Network of Labs
It is a network promoted by the Civic Innovation project of the Ibero-American General Secretariat that articulates 44 civic, gov, and university labs and maker spaces, among others, from 12 Ibero-American countries that are part of the new institutional framework of the 21st century.
Objectives of the network
To promote the exchange of experiences and knowledge between laboratories on different subjects: culture, prototyping, education, technology, art, sustainable development, public innovation and international cooperation.
To give international visibility to the work carried out by each laboratory at a local or national level.
Actions of the network
It allows you to participate in :
- Residences of exchange between laboratories of the network (call in 2020).
- International events (For example: In 2020, Virtual Laboratory Desafios Comunes (Common Challenges), Public Innovation Week in the framework of the XXVII Summit of Heads of State and Government. In 2021, LABICMEX Open Agenda).
- Creation of collaborative reference documents (For example in 2020, collaborative document of citizen and government labs for the XXVII Ibero-American Summit).
- Training in laboratory methodology during the LABIC.
- Share days: online meetings in which each space can share an experience both with the rest of the network and publicly.
- Laboratory co-design program.
How to become part of the network
- Participating in the co-design residency program for laboratories.
- Participating in the call #REDdeLABS for the incorporation of new laboratories that will open in 2022.